Schedule time on campus!
Group Visits Policy
Skidmore College welcomes groups of ten or more high school students, with chaperones, to visit campus Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We recommend that groups of less than ten students attend a regular tour and/or information session. Because there are times when the Admissions Office traffic is very heavy, we may not be able to accommodate a request for a group visit. This is especially true in March and April.
*Please note that we are unable to accommodate groups larger than 70 people.
To schedule your group visit, please complete our Group Visit Request Form below.
For further information and questions, concerning group visits, please contact Jade Dennett, Assistant Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 518-580-5688.
Group Visit Guidelines
- Visits are offered Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Schedule options are as follows:
- Morning visit schedule:
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Admissions Information Session
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - General Campus Tour
- 12:00 p.m. (Optional) - lunch upon request
- Afternoon visit schedule:
- 1:30 p.m. (Optional) - lunch upon request
- 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. - Admissions Information Session
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - General Campus Tour
- Morning visit schedule:
- To schedule a group visit, a Group Visit Request Form must be submitted at least three weeks in advance of your group's requested date.
- Group visits are designed to include a one-hour walking tour with a Skidmore student guide and/or a 30-minute group information session led by an Admissions counselor. Staff from our Opportunity Program (HEOP and AOP) may also be available to address visiting groups.
- Groups must be accompanied by a teacher/chaperone/parent at all times. We require one chaperone for every ten students.
- Groups are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the visit.
- Lunch or dinner are available at a cost of $9.50 and $11.75, respectively, and can be made through the Admissions Office.
- Visiting students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times, and chaperones are to accept full responsibility for their group. Skidmore College representatives reserve the right to end the tour and/or group information session if visitors are rude or disruptive.
- Chaperones are to contact the Admissions Office at 800-867-6007 or Admissions Reception at 518-580-8351 if they foresee being late for their scheduled visit. Late arrivals may not be able to participate in all scheduled activities.
- If a visit needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, two days' notice is required
We also encourage you to include a drive through our vibrant and welcoming city of Saratoga Springs, brimming with history and tradition.
We look forward to your visit and showing you Skidmore College!