Career & Internship Connections, for all class years.
CIC stands for Career & Internships Connections, an event founded on the idea of “bringing the students to the employer.” CIC takes place over winter break, when students are either home or able to travel more freely. Skidmore is just one of the member schools that benefit from the ability to meet face to face with employers in New York City.
To view participating employers, please click here.
Career and Internship Connections (CIC) Consortium 2018
NY Hilton Midtown, 1335 Avenue of the Americas
Go where the internships and jobs are! Be at the right place at the right time! See
you at 9:00am on January 9th, 2018 at the New York Hilton Midtown!
Pre-Event Registration, Job Posting and Interview Selections
November 1st – Job Postings for interview schedules due
November 1st-27th – Candidates apply for interviews
November 28th – Employers access applicant pools
December 4th – Interview selections due back to event manager
December 4th-December 17th – Primary candidates register for interviews
December 18th-December 31st – Alternate candidates register for any remaining interviews
Day of the Event
8:00-9:00am Employer Check In
9:00-11:30am Career Fair
11:30-12:30pm Employer Lunch
12:30-5:00pm On-site Interviews
CiC Application Process
Attend the Career & Internship Connections Fair in New York City on January 9th. Participating employers will be on hand from NYC, Boston, and DC.
This popular event allows Skidmore students to network and interview for internships and full-time jobs with employers from a variety of career industries.
Current participating employers listed on Handshake
Follow these steps to your next internship or full-time job!
- Create an account on Handshake
- Create or update your profile (please make sure Profile includes class year, major, GPA, and college) in Handshake
- Upload your resume on Handshake (we strongly encourage that you have your documents reviewed prior to applying. Career coaches available every day 9 – 4 in the CDC office).
- Register for the career fair (Under “Fairs”) – Career & Internship Connections (CIC)
- Click on Jobs – Enter “NYC CIC” under keyword. Enter city of interest under Location (NYC, Boston, Washington DC).
- Apply to each employer of interest for internships and/or jobs
- Submit your resume into the NYC CIC Resume Book and Industry Specific Resume Books (enter CIC Resume Books under keyword)
- Deadline to apply for pre-select interviews: Monday, November 27, 2017
Job and internship postings continue to be added daily to Handshake throughout the month of November – Check back often to apply for additional positions.
Questions? Visit these FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This page will also provide instructions on how to know if you’ve been granted an interview and how to sign up for an interview slot or if you have been selected as an alternate, in which case you must select an interview slot asap, since it is on a first come/first serve basis.
*please note: The NYC Career and Internship Connection targets employers and students
in non-technical fields, including business, finance, communications, healthcare and
life sciences, human and social services, arts and media, etc. We encourage all students,
regardless of major, to view the employer list, including the positions employers
are recruiting for, when making decisions to attend.