Registration Step by Step
STEP 1: Review the Guide
Be sure to walk through the Student Self Service Quick Guide. Your registration will go much more smoothly if you have reviewed this information before trying to register.
STEP 2: Check the Master Schedule
Check out the new version of the Master Schedule and search for course listings, descriptions, prerequisites, and all college requirements. Click on the course title to view all of this information and more!
STEP 3: Plan your Schedule
Use the day/time grid worksheet. to plot out days and times for courses. Note the CRN numbers, as that will help for faster processing when it comes time to register.
STEP 4: Special required forms.
Complete any special forms required for registration. All forms must be handed in at the time you register. Forms are available online or in the Registrar's Office unless otherwise noted.
- Overload Form: Total semester hours more than 18 (max of 20)
- Part Time Form: Total semester hours less than 12
- Dean's List Eligibility: at least 14 semester hours of credit
- Independent Study Form
- Advanced Studio Problems Form: (AR 365/366) - available in the Art Department
- Internship Form: (299/399 or IN 100) - available in the Office of Academic Advising
STEP 5: Check with your advisor
- Make an appointment with your faculty advisor to discuss your proposed schedule - come prepared! Print a copy of your Degree Audit.
- Ask your advisor to release your advising hold after your meeting.
- If you are currently studying abroad you will not have an advising hold in place however we do recommend contacting your advisor via email.
STEP 6: Review your registration status in the Student System - Student > Registration > Prepare for Registration
Clear any financial holds before registration. Direct questions to the Office of Student Accounts. You will not be able to register with a hold.
You should not miss classes or arrive late if you have class during your registration timeslot. Email our office if you have a class during your assigned timeslot and we can set up a proxy registration for you. Be sure to provide plenty of backup courses.
Step 7: Register for classes using the Skidmore Student System self-service.
Self Instructional Language Program
Enrollment for all Self Instructional Language Program should be completed during the normal registration period. All enrollees and late registrants need to come to PMH 417 for special instructions and information on course times and places. FINAL EXAM TIMES ARE DETERMINED BY AN OUTSIDE EXAMINER AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE TIME AND PLACE BY EMAIL.
Step 8: Always verify your completed schedule!
Important info about waitlists:
Some course sections will inevitably close. If you wish to put your name on a wait list, you may do so – but be sure to create a full backup schedule. Also, please note that you may not waitlist in a class if you have a seat in another section of that same class.
Being on a waitlist does not constitute enrollment, you are simply waiting for a seat to become available.
You will be notified via Skidmore email if a seat becomes available. You will have 48 hours to log into the system and enroll, so be sure to keep checking your email throughout the summer!